Tuesday 29 November 2011

Duck Breast with Black Pudding and Apple Cabbage, Blackberry Vodka Gravy - Sunday Nov 27th

Roast Duck Breast with Black pudding, apple slices and green cabbage, mashed potatoes and a Blackberry Vodka gravy.


I fancied a change from fish and rice, so delving down into the depths of the freezer, I discovered a couple of Gressingham duck breasts. 

And I had some black pudding slices. Bury black pudding, rather than my usual delicious Ramsay of Karluke version.  A sincere thank you to Helen at A Forkful of Spaghetti for mentioning that Bury pudding has a relatively low fat profile, which, allied to the fact I can get it at Sainsbury's, is a win in anyone's book.

Black pudding needs sauteed apple slices in my opinion.

And mashed potatoes. 

With a rich gravy sweetened with some blackberry vodka I made earlier this year. 

You can get the feel for the comfort food I was wanting can't you?

So you will be pleased to know that I trimmed the fat off the duck before eating it, but it did look nicer in the photo with it still on...



No comments:

Post a Comment