Sunday 29 January 2012

Italian Braised Beef with Gremolata and Orzo - Saturday January 28th 2012

I had this yearning for gremolata.

The zingy lemony garlicy parsley mixture that livens up anything with tomatoes in it.

So I had to make the braised beef with an Italian tomato sauce instead of a normal English stew with carrots and celery.  Mashed potato doesn't work well for me with Italian braised beef so we had orzo pasta instead. Orzo is fabulous if you haven't tried it yet, it looks like rice, but has a silky smooth pasta texture, which works particularly well with a chunky stew. And over it all went my gremolata.. mmmmmm...

Italian Braised Beef with Gremolata and Orzo pasta, with carrots and celery



2 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I actually added far too much salt so it didn't taste as good as it should have done. But next time it will taste better :)

      Delete