Sunday 3 June 2012

Penne with Raw Tomatoes, Parsley & Crispy Breadcrumbs - Friday 1st June 2012

Light, summery, and oh so quick. More of Westlands Wow fabulous tomatoes, but I wanted something that really showcased the bright flavours. By keeping the tomatoes raw, I kept their acidity and liveliness.

Penne with Raw Tomatoes, Parsley & Crispy Breadcrumbs



This is so easy to make.. it will only take the time to heat the water and cook the pasta. I don't put a lot of recipes on here, you usually have to go over to A Greedy Piglet for those, but this is SO easy..

So put the salted water on for the pasta. and add the pasta when the water boils. In the time it takes to cook you will have your sauce made.

Sort out your tomatoes - you can use a mixture or just one kind, whatever you have. I used a nice variety of colours from my Westlands Wow stash - I didn't use the big red one or the green in the end, there was plenty just with the others.


Chop half a red onion or a shallot per person, a bunch of parsley, and your tomatoes. Don't worry about skinning them, just chop them into medium dice, I like to arrange them on the chopping board in a line per person to make it easy to mix with the pasta.  Season on the board with salt and pepper.



In a frying pan, lightly fry some diced chorizo or pancetta and set aside.
Add a good glug of oil and a handful of crumbs and fry these until golden brown.

When the pasta is cooked, drain, mix with the chopped fresh tomatoes, a handful of crunchy breadcrumbs and a scattering of chorizo/pancetta.  

Easy fresh and so delicious. I really recommend this one.


2 comments:

  1. looks delicious! my kind of pasta dish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I did the same recipe again yesterday (Monday June 18th) but with goat's cheese, really good!

    ReplyDelete