Tuesday 12 June 2012

Slow Roast Pork Belly, Jersey Potatoes and Green Beans - Monday 11th June 2012

Of course I spoke too soon about summer being here. It has reverted to autumn, and so it gives me an excuse to cook delicious pork belly.  I love belly of pork. Apart from giggling to myself with its name evoking Ho Ho Ho type belly wobbling, it is unctuous and soft and meaty and delicious and makes me happy..

So long as it is cooked properly.

Undercooked pork belly is disgusting, tough, flabby and fatty all in one repellant swoop. So make sure you cook it long and slow. I have played with various methods of cooking it, and seem to come back to Skye Gyngell's version in How I Eat - the main difference is her use of vegetables to rest the meat on (which add a lot of flavour to the gravy) and she sprinkles the joint with wine and vinegar (although I just use vinegar) before covering in foil for the long bake.

Slow Roast Pork Belly, Jersey Potatoes and Green Beans



No comments:

Post a Comment