Sunday 19 August 2012

Griddled Vegetables with Avocado - Thursday August 16th 2012



I was so delighted to receive a box of delicious Peruvian avocados.  I honestly think these are the best avocados at this time of year, and they are so good for you!

I like to taste the texture of the avocado, these are buttery and smooth, and I don't like mashing them to a pulp. So the trick is to discover what I like alongside them as much as mixed into them  One of the sandwiches I liked the most at the launch party at the Dorchester recently  was the one with roasted red peppers. So today I matched my avocado with roasted vegetables and a green salad.

I simply lightly oiled and seasoned sliced red peppers, aubergines (the large black ones and some smaller purple streaky ones), cherry tomatoes and courgettes, and griddled them until cooked through. I have a nice square Le Creuset griddle pan that works brilliantly for vegetables like this. You can also roast them in the oven, but then you don't get the smokiness that the charred stripes give.



When they are cooked let them cool to room temperature and then just arrange on the plate with green salad and the avocado scattered over. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment