Tuesday 16 October 2012

Pump Street Bakery's Butternut Squash & Apple Soup - Tuesday October 16th 2012

Whilst up in Suffolk for Aldeburgh Food Festival, we popped into the cafe at the Pump Street Bakery in Orford, possibly my favourite bakery these days. Such amazingly good food, and a really good vibe. This is good food made by people who adore good food.

I speak to Joanna on Twitter, so asked her how to make the butternut and apple soup that I had for my lunch there:



Here is the recipe that she tweeted for me:

soften onions and leeks in olive oil, add cubed squash, sauté, add veg stock and diced apple
simmer til squash cooked, then add some apple juice, blitz and season well!

So I worked out my own proportions, and came up with this:




Delicious! and not bad looking if I do say so myself!

(It was a fast day for 5:2 diet today, so this was dinner with the addition of a ham and cheese omelet. )

No comments:

Post a Comment