Monday 22 April 2013

Lamb Kebabs with Pilaf rice - sometime last week....April 2013

I've been a bit unwell recently, so I am not sure which day I had this rather yummy dinner..

But fortunately I did take a picture, so here it is.  Lamb kebabs with pilau rice and salad.




The marinade for the lamb and vegetables is so easy and so delicious. 

Cut your lamb (I used leg, but neck fillets and shoulder are also very good) - roughly 250g or so for two people - into 3 cm cubes, and put into a bowl together with a red onion halved and separated into leaves, and a large red pepper (or I used two narrow pointy ones) also cut into squares. Add the juice of a lemon, salt and pepper, a good glug of olive oil and a half teaspoon or so of dried oregano. Cover and allow to sit in the fridge for several hours.  String the pieces onto flat kebabs and grill for about 20 mins, or as long as the rice takes to cook. Use the marinade to baste the kebabs as they cook.

My pilaf is made with Essential Cuisine lamb stock, really good stuff, and the only lamb stock I know that doesn't taste of salt and MSG.  Saute a finely chopped onion or a couple of shallots until soft, add half a cup of basmati rice per person, one whole cup of water per person, a half teaspoon of Essential lamb stock powder (or you can use any stock cubes you like of course! or even fresh stock if you have some) and a handful of finely chopped parsley. Bring to the boil, and then cover tightly and turn the heat right down to barely simmer and absorb the stock. 

It should take roughly the same time as the lamb. 

Serve with salad. Yummy.

p.s. I know I go on about Essential stocks a lot. They don't sponsor me, although I am using stock powders I have won in their Facebook competitions, but honestly they really are the best. I hope you give them a go and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment