Tuesday 21 February 2012

Shrove Tuesday - Pancakes with lemon, sugar and Flavour King plums - Tuesday Feb 21st 2012

It's Pancake Day today!  We hardly ever have pancakes, I have no idea why. They are so easy, cheap and delicious.   I am very traditional with my accompaniments, I like lemon and sugar best. I like the richer sauces, but I always come back to lemon and sugar, and particularly on Pancake Day. But today I had some delicious Flavour King plums, and thought their sweet juicy flavour would work well with the pancakes.

Flavour King plums are actually a pluot, a hybrid of apricot and plum, and I think they need a little acidity to bring out their flavour, so a squeeze of lemon worked very well with them.   I had three pancakes. I wish I had eaten more really....

Pancakes with lemon, sugar and Flavour King plums



No comments:

Post a Comment